3M Controltac Graphic Film with Comply Adhesive 1J180MC-114 Transparent
3M Controltac Graphic Film with Comply Adhesive 1J80MC-114 Transparent
2 Mil Cast Semi-Gloss Controltac™ Graphic Film with Comply™ Adhesive.
• 10 year outdoor durability.
• Grey opaque removable, slideable, repositionable Comply adhesive.
• Great conformability and lifting resistance – stretch 130% with no primer or lifting.
• Great for vehicle, fleet, and marine applications.
• 3M™ suggests laminating with 8518, 8519, 8520, or 8915.
• Print compatibility: Solvent, Eco-Solvent, UV, Latex.
1. Product Description
A. Product Features
2‐mil white, vinyl film with a luster finish
Excellent hiding power
Pressure-activated adhesive for easy sliding, tacking, snap up and repositioning
Flexible; conforms to compound curves, corrugations and rivets
– Stretch selected finished graphic constructions up to 130% (i.e., a 10 inch film
piece can stretch to 13 inches) without primer or relief cuts and maintain lift
resistance; see details and exceptions in Section 8.
Films IJ180C-10 and IJ180Cv3-10 have Comply™ Adhesive air release channels for
fast, easy, bubble-free installations
Film IJ180Cv3-10 air release channels are non-visible and have improved air release
Removable with heat and/or chemicals
* Film RG180C-10 are available for purchase and use with only a 3M Basic Product
Warranty on a customer test and approve basis.
B. Recommended Types of
Graphics and End Uses
When constructed and used as described in this Bulletin, these types of graphics and end
uses may be warranted by the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty or the 3M Performance Guarantee.
Please read the entire Bulletin for details.
Indoor and outdoor graphics and signs, including point-of-purchase and displays
Commercial vehicles, straight trucks, semi-trucks and semi-trailers; emblems or
Personal vehicle graphics and wraps
Non-vertical and horizontal vehicle wraps when protected with 3M overlaminates 8528
Watercraft graphics (above the static water line only)
Small format original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) decorative and identification
graphics, cautionary and safety labeling
C. Performance Overview 3M tests the performance of both individual products and finished graphic constructions.
This table shows the best performance expected from this product without a Warranty
Period and with a Warranty Period.
For detailed graphic construction and application options along with specific Warranty
Periods, please see the Warranty Information, Section 5.
Expected Performance Life. This is the estimated period of time the product should perform satisfactorily.
Unprinted film with no graphic protection, applied to a flat vertical outdoor surface. 10 years
3M™ MCS™ Warranty. This is the maximum period of time 3M will warrant the finished graphic performance.
Printed film with the best 3M ink and graphic protection option, applied to a flat, vertical, vehicle type
3M Performance Guarantee. This is the maximum period of time 3M will warrant the performance of the 3M materials used.
Printed film with the best ink and graphic protection option, applied to a flat, vertical, vehicle surface. 4 years
Warranty PeriodProduct Bulletin PIJ180/180C – 2
D. Limitations of End Uses This 3M product is not designed or recommended for the following uses. Please contact us
to discuss other options.
(1) Unsuitable End Uses
for This Film
Graphics applied to:
– stainless steel (we recommend using 3M™ Controltac™ Graphic Film IJ181
– non-3M films (see Removal Warranty)
– watercraft when the graphic is below the static water line
– watercraft graphics that are not edge sealed
– painted substrates with poor paint to substrate, or paint-to-paint bond
– substrate surfaces that are not clean and smooth (little or no variation in texture)
For film with Comply v3 adhesive only: Do not use prespacing tape in cut and
weeded applications where the tape must adhere to the exposed liner.
Film without graphic protection when they are:
– printed vehicle graphics
– watercraft graphics
– exposed to abrasive conditions, harsh cleaners or chemicals
– horizontally-exposed outdoor applications
Graphic removal from:
– applications with poor paint-to-substrate adhesion
– existing graphics that must remain intact; damage may occur during removal of film
– outdoor, horizontal applications (except graphics using overlaminate 8528 or
8548G as described in this Bulletin)
Graphics subjected to gasoline vapors or spills, including those at or on gas pumps,
automobile fuel-tank ports, watercraft or top-feeding, petroleum tankers
(2) Wall Graphics Two-mil cast films are typically the best choice for indoor smooth surface wall graphics.
However, the user is responsible for determining the product’s suitability, including adhe
sion and, if required, removal characteristics. Due to the wide variability of smooth indoor
walls, neither finished graphics nor removal is warranted, even for removable or change
able films. Instruction Bulletin 5.37 provides comprehensive information for the most suc
cessful wall graphics film selection and application.
(3) Important Information
About Bus Applications
Film used on buses must not be applied so as to restrict the safe use of emergency window
exits. See the most current version of Instruction Bulletin 5.4 for details.
2. Compatible Products This section provides a list of products that are approved by 3M for use with the base film
covered in this Bulletin, and used for the creation of a graphic that is covered by the 3M™
MCS™ Warranty or 3M Performance Guarantee. Refer to the Product and Instruction
Bulletins listed in 3M Related Literature at the end of this Bulletin for more information
about the compatible products.
A. Inkjet Inks and Printers for
3M™ MCS™ Warranty
(1) Solvent Inkjet Inks
Ink Series Printer
3M™ Piezo Inkjet Ink Series 1500v2 EFI™ VUTEk 150, 2360/3360,
3300/5300 & 3000/5000 Printers
3M™ Piezo Inkjet Ink Series 4400 HP Scitex XL 1200 & XL1500 Printers
3M™ Piezo Inkjet Ink Series 4800 HP Scitex TJ8300 & TJ8350 Industrial Presses
3M™ Piezo Inkjet Ink Series 6200 Agfa :Jeti 3312, 3318, 3324 & 5024
SIIT GX 3M Ink Series Seiko I Infotech ColorPainter™
H Series H-74s, H2-74s, H-104s,
H2-104s, W-54s & W-64s Printers
3M ID 75347061162 UPC# 00051128751800
3M ID 75347061170 UPC# 00051128751817
3M ID 75347058689 UPC# 00051128750100
3M ID 75347058754 UPC# 00051128750117
3M ID 75347057111 UPC# 00051128769157
3M ID 75347057277 UPC# 00051128769737
3M ID 75347057509 UPC# 00051128769980
3M ID 75347059117 UPC# 00051128751466
3M ID 75347062186 UPC# 00051128756850
3M ID 75347053805 UPC# 00051128766637
3M ID 75347186118 UPC# 00051128805930
3M ID 75347089221 UPC# 00051128757819
3M ID 75347061352 UPC# 00051128751961
3M ID 75347057517 UPC# 00051128750001
3M ID 75347053813 UPC# 00051128766651
3M ID 75347053524 UPC# 00051128769584
3M ID 75347057525 UPC# 00051128750018